Monday, April 14, 2014

Kamilah's I Have A Dream - Martin Luther King Jr.







Reflections:

1. The message in MLK's speech is about all the segregation, prejudice and racism that is happening. It was his dream for everyone to be equal and to be free from all racial injustice. He wanted everyone to treat each other the same and not judge people by their race or the color of their skin. For me the most important slide was - "I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice."

2. The creative use of fonts in my presentation are the choice of font, text size, contrast, line spacing and colors. I made sure that the important words stood out in every slide. 

3. I plan to use what I learned in this assignment for any other presentations that I will do in the future. I will make sure that my presentation will keep the audience engaged and not be bored. I will also use the 5 tips for better typography to improve my presentation.

4. For me, the most difficult part was breaking down the speech into different slides because it was very time consuming. I also had difficulties when we have to convert the power point into a wmv because it takes so long to load. Another part where I had difficulties was that I have to change some of the fonts and sizes of the text when I work on my power point at school because I have a different version of power point at home and because of that some of the text in the slides didn't show up.

5. In order to convert my power point into a wmv I clicked file and then save as and chose the wmv instead of jpeg and then I uploaded it to YouTube. It was easy to convert but it takes a really long time.

6. In my opinion I wouldn't really change this assignment because to be honest it was fun to play around with the fonts and I really enjoyed it but it takes a lot of time to finish this and a lot of effort. I just wish that the programs we used were much faster. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment